Manufacturing & Distribution
Manufacturing and Distribution proves a constant source of logistical challenges. A miscalculated order to the warehouse, a bad make-or-buy decision can end up costing your company a small fortune. Luckily, Microsoft provides a powerful tool in the form of NAV/Navision software for streamlining and optimising your book keeping.
The greatest benefits of Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Navision stems from it’s ability to gather and freely disseminate information to all corners of your business. No more wasted time redundantly inputting information or trying to dig up a particular invoice you need. With Microsoft Dynamics NAV, it’s all immediately available. Further, having all that data centralised allows the software to produce business insights that might not otherwise be apparent. Dynamics NAV ERP will help your business keep track of inventory, better predict supply and demand, and analyse trends in your key performance indicators (KPI) that might otherwise be difficult to see with manual input and spreadsheets. All of this done with greater efficiency and lower labour costs than would be possible with traditional book keeping.
With Microsoft NAV, you can
- Predict Demand – Dynamics NAV uses a number of metrics to analyse sales patterns from the information you feed it to identify sales trends and forecast future demand.
- Plan Supply – Dynamics NAV also helps you to keep up with replenishing your inventory. NAV will use past trends and its demand forecast to calculate a suggested replenishment order.
- Scan and Track Inventory – Dynamic NAV allows you to use serial number scanning and tracking to keep better control of your inventory. This is of particular use if your business relates to something like food where expiration and recalls are an issue.
- Keep in Touch – Dynamics NAV doesn’t just track inventory. NAV will keep tabs of your email correspondences and communicate all relevant information to the relevant parties.
Some Dynamics NAV features of particular interest to manufacturers are
- Material Planning – Dynamics NAV includes master production scheduling and material requirement planning to make sure the forces of supply and demand are kept carefully balanced.
- Product Design Management – Dynamics NAV allows you to compile and compare different BOMs and routing to discover the most efficient and cost-effective paths to production.
- Dynamic Manufacture – Dynamics NAV allows you a whole new level of manoeuvrability and control in going about the business of manufacture. By adding work centres and different routings to NAV, you can quickly adjust your entire factory model to account for rush orders and last-minute changes.
- Finite Loading – Dynamics NAV lets you carefully calculate what the capacities on your various production centres are so that you don’t exceed your constraints. You can either plan this on a more consolidated, macro level using work centres or you can take it all the way down to the capacity of a single machine using machine centres
- Ease of Access – All of these features get wrapped up neatly in Dynamic NAV centralised and highly ergonomic package. NAV includes some special add-ins for manufacturers that puts all the compiled data from production orders, deadlines, available inventory, and your production centres into a simplified, drag and drop format.
What We Provide
At ‘Austral Dynamics’, we understand how much it takes to juggle modern Manufacture and Distribution. Austral Dynamics has well over 100 years of combined high-level experience in Accounting and ERP solutions for the manufacturing and distribution industries. We have Microsoft Dynamics NAV/ Navision implementation experience both locally and internationally, with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, and we can insure that NAV / Navision meets the needs of you and your business. We have provided solutions for many companies, including:
Request a Free Demo
To find out more about how Austral Dynamics can save time and increase profitability for your business, call us on (+61) 2 9763 2040 and speak to one of our Business Development Managers or request a free demonstration or information pack.